Friday, October 9, 2009

Luke & Kendall's engagement shoot!



I had a blast with Luke and Kendall at their e-pic shoot. Patrick and I took the whole day (and all 3 of our kids) and headed down to Louisville, KY to The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.

Kendall is a student at Boyce College and Luke is a seminary student. They met at the Founders Cafe there at the seminary. I have known Kendall for many years now and it's been a joy watching her grow and mature into a beautiful young woman. And after meeting Luke I know that God is going to use them in a powerful way in His ministry. It was so neat for Patrick and I to be back at the seminary because this was the place where we settled right after our wedding 8 years ago. Patrick was a student at the seminary and I worked there. We loved living there and in the beautiful city of Louisville. So being there brought back so many memories for me of an exciting time of my life as a new bride and wife. It brought an excitement back after watching Kendall and Luke and knowing that they too are getting ready to begin that journey that Patrick and I did several years ago. And it also made me feel old being there now with 3 kids! There are so many awesome shots I got that day but can only highlight the day on the blog for you, so here they are...


After getting this shot (above) through the window on this door, Kendall's mother Ann thought it would be neat to write scripture across the front of the door. So I picked my life verse as I thought it was appropriate for them at this time in their lives as well!


HELLO COVER MODELS!

We were actually a little nervous as the forecast was calling for rain, so Kendall had this cute umbrella for some fun shots. But the rain held off for us!!!






We found this structure on the way downtown and we just had to stop to get some pictures by it. It was a free standing structure of the front of an old building, how awesome, huh?


We are so excited for you guys and can't wait for your wedding in December!!!

3 comments:

Kendall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kendall said...

I LOVE these pictures!! Thank you so much for your hard work and for making the drive down to Louisville! It was so fun to share in the excitement of the campus with a couple who has started there marriage there too! These are great pictures!!

Ann said...

GORGEOUS!!! Melissa, you are just the greatest! And yes, it was so wonderful to have your entire family there for the day! Precious, all of you are!
Thank you for this most wonderful memory! Cannot wait for the wedding for I know you and Patrick will do an incredible job! Well, we will just have to continue our "Potter gal" photos...4 ladies in wedding dresses...next on the agenda. Thanks again for the fabulous memories of beautiful days captured in such incredible photographs...truly amazing! So blessed! God Bless, Love, Ann